Thursday, January 28, 2010

TEST NEED WEEK FEB 3/ FEB 5

The requirements for the test next week are as follows:

1. 15 minutes: edit a paragraph by hand, using copy edit symbols; CLOSED BOOK--you must know the symbols. There will be 12 errors for a mark of 3%

2. 30 minutes: edit three paragraphs using track changes; OPEN BOOK. The mark will be based on my sense of your overall edit. You will be required to make copyedits as needed and substantive comments and suggestions that you believe will make the piece better.

Please see blog below for instructions on track changes and a track changes exercise for practice passages.

I will post the editorial symbols and the second page of the edit exercise on Friday night (my apologies, I left it on my desk!!).

If you have questions or concerns, please email or call me.

If you must miss the test for any reason, please contact me by email as soon as possible, letting me know three available times when you can sit it at the testing centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment